3.25.2011

Mo' meat mo' probs!

Today was Day ONE of "No Meat for 30 Days". 

I grew up on an all Angus cattle ranch in Kansas.  We basically had steak for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I have never had a great relationship with meat though.  Everytime I would eat any form of meat I would feel completely tired and heavy.  I'm also not a fan of the taste (beef, pork, lamb or chicken) of most meats.  So, I finally decided to take a month off and say "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" to meat.


I am hoping to shape new habits and uncover exciting vegeatarian recipes.  More than anything else, I am looking forward to healthy digestion and sounder sleep.  All of my hopes and dreams might not be answered within this time frame...but hey! Letta girl dream. ;) 


Tonight I drooled over Pesto Pita Pizza.






Pesto Pita Pizza

Serves 3 (HUNGRAAY people)

3 whole wheat pitas
1 jar of Basil Pesto
1 onion, sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
cheese of your choice

1.  Preheat oven to 450°.

2.  Evenly spread pesto onto pita.  Top with veggies and cheese.

3. Bake 12-15 minutes.

Today I completely organized all of the holiday decorations into color coded tubs so I needed something quick and easy to fix for dinner.  This was defintely it.  
Pesto ALWAYS rules, but when you mix in fresh veggies it is super YUM!






Q:  What is your *favorite* vegetarian dish?
Q #2: If you are a vegetarian, what led you to give up meat?
I am interested in hearing why most vegetarians give up meat!

1 comment:

  1. vegetarian pizza is amazing, probably one of my favourites.
    I'm not vegetarian, but 80% i guess, red meat makes me sick, and i dont care for the taste of chicken/turkey, i enjoy some seafood still like crab, but as for fish, i dont care much for that either. But mostly my reasons for giving up meat most of the time is personal preference, like taste. and because it makes me ill.

    ReplyDelete